Monday, September 11, 2006

My first song

I started writing this in the airport on my way to FL. I couldn't concentrate to read. So I just wrote.

No one's here. I sit alone,
about to begin a new journey.
Things have been wrong for so long,
But I played despite myself.
Dancing around a truth I didn't want to see.
You don't love me.
You don't even desire me.

I thought I was ready to jump!
But I got sent a boy,
A man more lost than me.
The world spins and rushes around us...
kites fly, shoes fly, dreams fly
and finally you fly...away,
far away from me.

I was so scared to let you in—
Terrified by the thought of someone penetrating me.
Afterwards, I was scared of the empty
space that would remain if you left...
when you left.
We were never quite right,
"Us" was always draining,
And now we're both tired of pretending.

But now I miss the closeness.
I miss your bright green eyes.
I wish we could have made us work.
I wish you had told me goodbye.

It's pretty simple. But I was sad. I'm not allowing comments on this entry. If you have a comment e-mail or facebook message me. Thanks!