Thursday, March 09, 2006

rain

I really love the smell of rain. I've been sitting in the entrance of mathews just listening to the rain--the smell, the sound,it reminds me of home. Of the summer when it would rain everyday in the afternoon. I remember running out in the rain barefoot and walking for over an hour with my radio--getting soaking wet and coming home, wrapping myself in blankets, and watching a movie. I hate how you can't hear the rain in the dorm. I also remember how I used to go ride my bike for hours in the rain. I really liked how I could go out in the rain and just listen and there was no one around to distract me. Spinning in the rain! If only it were a bit warmer! I got to play in the rain this summer once, but not for very long. It only rained maybe three times this summer and it made me sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the rain too.::squeak:: I always prefer a rainy day over a sunny day (and that was even before moving to AZ).::squeak:: Well, if you want to spend more time in the rain in the future, we should take a trip together to WA (the rainiest state in the nation!)::squeak::