Monday, March 06, 2006

PPD

I have no play rehearsal tonight... Blah, I really didn't want this play to be over. When I got home from the cast party saturday night a spent a lot of time talking to rachael about all the little things I put into my character that no one noticed but me. From what I was writing on my post-its to the phone's movement/choreography. I remember in my high school drama class discussing the idea of a character's inner monologue but I'd never been in a show where I actually got to do that until now. I mean since it was all monologues there was a lot of time where Violet was changing and growing while other people where talking and I had all of her thoughts in my head. This play was a really amazing experience for me. Now all I can do is sit and wait until auditions next quarter. Hopefully, something will happen. As far as reactions to the show, everyone I talked to really liked the show as a whole. Most agreed it was very well put together and that the acting was great :) It was such a confusing show and it didn't really have an ending which unsettled some people. But all in all people enjoyed it. I met this one kid who came every night, and understood something different for all three nights. Well I'm sick of thinking about this play now. It's over. Yeah, so I've got three papers to write and one exam, and this quarter is over baby!! Oh and we're going to go see the Last Five Years on my birthday!!!! Wahoo!!!

1 comment:

Janice said...

It's playing at the Apollo theatre and then the royal george theatre i believe. Hold on let me check metromix! http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/322275,0,7181593.event check it out!