Sunday, April 16, 2006

Now I can die happy!

I saw The Last Five Years today and it was amazing! It was showing at the Royal George Theatre on their third floor which was this tiny little theatre the size of BJ's one on the basement!! The singers had problems with overwhelming the small space. But I saw it and the director made so many choices I would have made. Having the other person get off stage after each song, costume changes, using all the space, it was just really awesome. I really loved Jamie!! He was dorky, and cute, and so very loveable, especially at the begining! He wasn't the best singer but when he was talking to his manager, or cathy, or whoever they were really present for him. Cathy on the other had I wanted to strangle. The girl was an amazing singer and very pretty, but she wasn't singing to anyone. Not to herself, jamie, etc. when there was no one on stage with her. In fact, she sang to the ceiling for the first half the show!! Blah! And she went a little overboard with the verbrato. But there were moments when I really liked her. And when she and Jamie sang together I wanted to die. They were so cute and sweet. It was really beautiful and that's what I wanted. I think the contrast between the happy and the arguing unhappy parts could have been bigger. Oh and when Jamie did the Schmeul song at the end he had a copy of backstage for her and pulled out a small pocket watch from a box when he tells her he is giving her unlimited time and I wanted to squeel! It was the sweetest, cutest thing ever. Such a personal creative sort of christmas present and I loved it. :) All I can do is sigh with contentment now.

No comments: