Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm in air chem right now!

Ok, so I really should be paying attention to this class since I haven't been going to lecture and I have a midterm on monday but science bores me... Wahoo to the anonymous person who left a note! I dunno I've been so busy with egyptian and my german mid-term on monday. I haven't slept much in the past few days. I want to kill my egyptian prof. He tells us that we are not expected to memorize the vocab. because we will always be given a dictionary and then he decides no dictionary for the mid-term!!! Sheesh! So now I have five weeks worth of vocab. to learn this weekend. I want to cry. Speaking of crying you should have seen me at the naked theater meeting last night. I don't know, I just really care about this show and what an impact it had on me and it really hurt when everyone was appalled by the idea that a theater group would (heaven forbid!) do shows. I think the problem is we're divided as to what kind of aesthetic we want our group to have. And the founding members of naked seem to have a very different idea of what naked should be verses many of the newer members. Personally, I just want to do theater. I want to do things that move me, that get me excited, and I want to be able to share that with my audience. I want my audience to leave different than they came in. I don't want to be just merely entertainment. i want to make my audience think about something. But I don't want to do a show, just do a show. I mean what would be the point? I want to explore questions with an audience. Is that such a bad thing? We having a meeting to talk about all of this and I hope I can find a way to go. We'll see. Well I should start taking some notes! Vale!

No comments: