Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bookend Blues

Ok so I got the goofiest assignment at the library today! I am supposed to go to the 3rd and 5th floors and go up and down every set of shelves and count how many need bookends!! lol. It's pretty dull. After about 2 hours I started to become aware of how I walk and started playing with it. I took a nap for half an hour this morning too. It was nice. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to finish this though it's taking forever. I just finished the third floor. At least the 5th floor has the Egypt books!! Maybe I'll start at the end and go backwards cuz all the egypt books are there. Hmmm.... Yeah so I've got rehearsal tonight. Hopefully, my one really annoying scene will start working tonight. I doubt it though. We're doing a run which always makes me sleepy. Still no luck with the flapper dress. I'm hoping for a miracle at this point. So yesterday evening I applied for the darn loan and got rejected so I've got two more to apply for tonight. Lets hope for the best. Then I watched the notebook. I've been in a girly film mood lately. So I was thinking about the book I just finished again. It made me a little sad and confused as to what I want. I mean I'm the girl with "the plan". Undergrad - 4 years in the airforce - PhD - High School Teacher. That's the plan. But I don't know... When I read these big epic books about someone who brought their people together and did something great, something amazing. I mean we all want to do something significant, something that will leave a mark or something, to make and impact. And I've always been satisfied with the idea of becoming a teacher. I mean those are the people who have had the biggest impact on my life thus far. And I would be really good at it. I know I would. But I just don't know. Every now and then I get this unsettling feeling inside that there's something I'm going to do, something I'm supposed to do. But I can't quite lay my finger on what that is exactly. But for now I'm just going to go with the flow until I figure out just what that is. Vale!

No comments: