Monday, January 10, 2005

I'm sooooooooo mad!

I've never been so terribly upset with anyone in my entire life! I've been trying really hard to be friends with daniel because I like hanging out with him and rachael and my other friends in mathews but unfortunely I just don't think it's going to work. I can't stand his constant lack of caring for anyone else's feelings but his own. He's a spoiled selfish little brat who can't look at anything from someone else's perspective. Because he thinks he's some genius that shouldn't have to change for anyone or have to conform to anyone's box they try and put him in. He's constantly trying to be diffent and blah-de-da but he's not smart enough to get along with people. TO have relationships with peolple that go both ways and not just his way! I'm just tired of crying. I'm tired of letting him get to me. I'm tired of being so upset i get no sleep and can't concentrate on my homework! But i can't avoid him cuz he's friends with so many people that i enjoy hanging out with. I just don't know what to do. I know i'm supposed to love my neighbor and that I shouldn't judge people but i can't take the constant pain. It just hurts. That a friend of mine would treat me with less respect than he would afford a stranger or a dog! He went and wrote a bunch of messages to my friends on the facebook under my name that were really mean and really hurtful. I would never say anything disrespectful about one of my friends. And i guess i'm naive enough to believe that people would have the same courtesy for me. But no, spoiled little Daniel can only see how he feels and how he was annoyed that I talked to his friends online but i was nice. I talked about books we had read recently and college admissions essays and things like that. I was just trying to play around and daniel was trying to be mean and spiteful and i just don't understand it. No matter how upset I got i wouldn't do something mean that would hurt someone i cared about no matter how upset i got. I guess what hurt me the most was to know that he did it on purpose to hurt me. What have i ever done but try to be nice to him?! I've tried to not take things he says personally, tried to make allowances for the fact that he's not as perceptive as some to tell how he affects the feelings of his friends. ANd i apoligized to him for getting on his computer without having to be "taught a lesson" because i knew I had upset him earlier that day. Why couldn't he have told me then what he had done? If he had said "hey i was really mad and did something stupid. i wrote some pretty mean messages to some of your friends through your face book. I know there's no amount anything that could justify doing what i did. But i'm sorry." But daniel is never sorry. he doesn't care about anyone but himself and only apologizes when he knows you won't speak to him otherwise. I just don't know what else i can do. I'm trying not to judge and trying to think of how to be nice but i don't want to just start hanging out with him again just because i want to hang with rachael and the others and pretend it never happened. Maybe if this was the only thing he had ever done it would be easier but it's not the only thing. It's the final thing that tipped the scale and made me realize that i don't think this can get better. I just don't know what to do. Well off to gym.

Janice

No comments: