Saturday, February 03, 2007

One Down, Six to Go!

So I did the Illinois Theatre Association open call audition yesterday, which was crazy. I only had two minutes, and neither of my monologues really worked in that format... Anywho, I got in there, told them my name, and they started the timer!!! Normally the timer starts when you start you actual pieces so you can take a moment to breathe and then start, but no such luck with these people. I led out with my smaller, emotional, personal piece cuz that's the one that usually gets people, but my heart was racing and my whole body started shaking and I couln't center my breath! Bah! So I think I need to lead out with a very active piece, where I can use that energy to propel me forward. So I think I'm gonna start with Violet ;) The cool thing about this audition was I got to watch the other 12 people in my group audition and I can sum up their work in three bullets:

~No one used the space
~No one was really personalized
~No one had a sense of humor!

And violet has all of those things. So, I'm doing it! lol. Let's hope for the best!

In other news: My BA is a disaster!

Vale!

No comments: