Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Memories

So I'm watching eternal sunshine for the millionth time, and all of a sudden i started thinking about where I would hide memories, and you know just random childhood memories. It's dumb the stuff we remember. So here are a few of mine:

~Running all over the house with lame excuses like i need to clean my stuff in the kitchen, so i wouldn't have to keep watching Jurrasick Park, but invariably I'd come back, freak out, and make another lame excuse to leave.

~Sitting on a stool in the kitchen as my mom cut my hair short for the one and only time i had my hair cut short.

~Playing in my mom's room at her dresser with the big mirror. One time I kept brushing my bangs to the side to make them look like Ariel's from the little mermaid.

~All my barbies, my barbie comforter, the alladin stickers on the wall.

~Ultimate Hide and Go seek

~Putting on my old purple clothes to go play in a big pile of dirt they just brought in for building a new house.

~The little boy named Eric who lived across the street.

~following a creek to a lake no one knew existed

~getting caught in a storm of bits of dandelions when i was walking in the woods

~jamming to alanis morsett for hours while walking my dogs

~performing skits for my mom on the tile entryway to the house

~the christmas room! our extra living room became a christmas room. Lights everywhere and the little village that my mom made. I remember sitting on the couch in there just enjoying the lights.

~my mom's big closet that was filled with tons of craft stuff. she always had just what you needed.

~falling off the monkey bars and having the wind knocked out of me for the first time. i thought i was dying.

~my too perfect first date/first kiss under the stars at my first homecoming dance

~the huge argument that same night with my mom because everything fell out of my purse during that kiss and i didn't notice. My mom got all pissed that there weren't any pictures and we were screaming and i was crying. My mom decided she wanted those pictures so she took some of me crying in my dress. I don't know what ever happened to them. My mom never remembered to develop film. I remember thinking this was the most "perfect" way to end such a great evening.

~crying in the bathroom to my dad when i finally decided i had to leave

~crying in my dad's arms when i found out my parents were getting a divorce

~my dad hitting me so hard my mom called the police. the next day when all my teachers kept asking my what happened.

~exploring every inch of every neighborhood i ever lived in

~birthday cakes. my mom always made the best birthday cakes. green ones, pink ones, ones with trolls, one shaped like a worm. whatever i wanted. green icing with pink cake.

~spending summers at my dad's and reading all day and all night

~hours spent volunteering in the library

~kick ball

~the fire drill that lasted an entire day cuz they couldn't figure out what had tripped the alarm

i guess that's enough for now.

No comments: