Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hmmm...

I think I have an aversion to being called an actress. I'm trying to imagine being introduced as an "actress." Secretlly, I was screaming inside my brain, "I'm too smart to just be an actress". I wouldn't mind being called a perfomer...it sounds more atristic. I didn't realize this until I went to this acting class on Sunday. There was a whole mix of people, most of them looking to make there way into acting seriously. Here, I wasn't crazy, in fact, I think I was one of the least serious people about acting in the room and that sorta didn't feel great. And there were tons of girls wearing dresses and rediculous heels!! How on earth do they expect to act in get ups like that??? I had changed out of flip flops in case we had to do any moving in the class. I don't think i'll ever be one of those pretty girl whatever actors. I want to be the quirky fun one. Everyone at the studio definetly got a particular impression of me just by looking at my head shot with the lighter fluid and I think I kinda liked that. I've been reading a lot about head shots, etc. and how you should pick your "type" and really sell it. I think my type is silly, spinny. It's honest. I'm not sure if it's an actual "type" but it gets people's attention. People like to hire those that are fun and enjoyable to work with and I don't think I'd have problems with that. My goal this summer is to relax and have as much fun doing theatre as I can because that's what it's all about. I don't want to be like these girls I took this class with who were afraid to laugh! La dee da world!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

spinny actress! thats you alright :p actor, actress, ....

Anonymous said...

slackin again... it's the 26th!! Hope you're doing well! How's your summer going? -Jan

Anonymous said...

I don't like this music... it's kind of sad

Anonymous said...

Pep says hi

Anonymous said...

My brother stole my contacts :-(. He thought they were his, and so now he's wearing them, and I'm stuck w/ glasses, bc my other ones are in my apt :-(

Brian said...

Uh-oh...it's been more than 5 days since someone updated her blog...