Sunday, July 22, 2007

I just finished the last Harry Potter book... I only cried in the middle. Somehow, I feel like an adult now. It's weird because when I started reading harry potter, the most current book (book 3) made Harry the same age as me, and now that he's finally an adult I somehow feel more like one too. I predicted most of the book, which was sad. However, it was fun seeing how all the details worked out. I don't like that so many people seemed to just die needlessly. And there were some silly plot twists that were overly complicated. But it's over now.

I remember when I was reading the books for the first time. I was so lonely because I'd just had to change schools for the millionth time, and my mother didn't seem to know that I existed, and I was surrounded by kids who didn't understand me because I was so smart and silly. I just wanted to be special. I wanted to wake up one day and have someone tell me I had a destiny. And i got to live that horrible dream through these books. But now it's over. I'm no longer the kid who spent all of her time dreaming, reading, and talking to trees. I'm no longer a kid. Now I have my own destiny. And now I'm crying again I don't even know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will always be the smart and silly girl I knew in middle school, no matter how much you grow up. I wouldn't have it any other way.

-Seth