Sunday, March 20, 2005

I'm free!

I am so glad to be done with airports!!! Wahoo!! I got in around 10pm last night. It's funny how little things have changed and yet something’s are scarcely recognizable. The essence has changed. I walk in and it's not my home anymore. But then I reflect on my problem with the word home. I just don't understand it. I don't know what a home is supposed to feel like. Chicago doesn't feel like home, nor Atlanta... But I've never lived anywhere long enough to really miss it. I don't have a room here either. I'm tucked away in this guest room that's silent. I wish I knew what it was like to be part of a family. A family that does things together and cares enough to take an interest in your life. I think I got the closest glimpse of what that might be like here but three years went by too fast. And now I'm on my way on my great adventure which will hopefully lead me to Egypt. In the book I'm reading now one of the characters is a young boy who grew up in the slums of Sydney. He dreamed of Egypt too. He too was enthralled by this fascinating world thousands of miles away. It made me smile. Vale!

No comments: